Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Getting Ready for 2012

The week between Christmas and New Year's are for many people a busy week of travel, family get togethers and parties.  For me growing up, it was always a busy week at my family's restaurant.  We couldn't travel, but we did find time to party.  I can not begin to tell you how many New Year's mornings that I was dropped off at the restaurant at 7am and changing into my work clothes while tipping over in the changing room.  These days, I use this week to clean up some business, take some time to plan and re-calibrate my personal and business lives.  It is one of my favorite times of the year!

I find it a great time to look back on all of the things that were accomplished throughout the past year.  I know that I don't take the time to appreciate just how much progress we make and how many lives we changed throughout the year.  Many of our clients are now free of the 24/7 restaurant lives that they were married to for many years.  There are also more than 25 new restaurant owners that we assisted in fulfilling a dream that they had of getting into the business.  I want to thank each and everyone of our clients and customers who trusted us to walk them through the process. 

In addition to all of the restuarant deals I was involved in, I bought and sold a residentail real estate company, moved and renovated our offices, started a new company-Atlantic License Brokers, hired new staff and grew our business.  My wife Courtney started her own business-ArrangeBoston.com, and my daughter Mackenzie, a freshman at Suffolk, started her own business-glassslipperstyling.com.

Take the time to reflect on all of the things that you accomplished during the year, then, begin designing your life for 2012.  Your businesses, staff, clients, customers and my family will all benefit from some thought, focus and planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment