Saturday, December 31, 2011

Plans for 2012-Happy New Year!


My primary project for 2012:

To become a more effective communicator so that I can deliver more value and assist more people.

At the suggestion of a close personal friend, Michael Bernoff, I have decided to forgo creating a "list" of all of the things that I dream about getting and instead focus my efforts on mastering a skill that will effect everything in my life.  You see, the way my brain works, I feel that I am not being successful unless I make something monumental happen, when in fact, if I am making progress in the right areas, then everything in my life and business will benefit and grow.

My focus this year will be to improve and make progress on 5 key areas in the way I communicate:  becoming a better networker, sharing my knowledge to create value, improved written communication, mastering presentation skills, and saying "Thank You" more often.

What has been most interesting is that prior to sitting down and writing the blog posts and creating my first video presentation, I had no idea what I was going to speak about.  I have not used my creative abilities consistently for a very long time.  Often times I'll create a new business idea or a strategy that we implement in the business, but I don't think that I have ever just written something for the sake of writing.  Interestingly enough, once I started to put it together, it began to flow.

My video speaks to my plan for 2012 and highlights some of the areas that I will be working on.  I apologize in advance for the video quality as I have no idea what I am doing!  I'll figure it out soon enough.

To all of the people that I have met and know...and to the people I don't know yet, but plan on meeting in 2012, Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Dan - I love your effort here and I think working in video is a great strategy to complement the blog. You have a huge amount of information (and entertainment) to share and I'm sure you'll be successful in meeting your goals for 2012. Hope to catch up with you in person in early 2012. Best of luck!

    Cheers,
    Chris N.

    ReplyDelete